Mmmmm….I love crescent rolls. There are just so many things you can do with them! They are buttery, flaky and taste so great! I had one of those dinner crises where you end up with a few ingredients of several dishes, but not one single whole meal- know what I mean? But I remembered I pinned this a while back, and knew I could throw something together. And we were soon enjoying a delicious meal that even my picky eater, Bryce was happy with. Our only improvement after trying them (I used taco seasoning and taco sauce) was they needed a little kick. I think I’d add onions and diced green chiles for a little smoky flavor next time.
- 1 package jumbo crescent rolls
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded) ( I used leftover Rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup enchilada or taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheet with foil and spray with no-stick spray
- Place cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese in small bowl and microwave for about 30-40 seconds, to soften.
- Add seasoning mix, sauce and chicken to cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls on prepared pan.
- Scoop 1 large heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the two short ends of the crescent roll.
- Pull outer corners of the crescent roll over the chicken mixture, and then pull the long end over, completely enclosing filling.
- Sprinkle tops of puffs with additional shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.