I’ve been using my boys as guinea pigs for so many new recipes, I figured I’d go with one they were bound to like. I got this one in a daily email from Pillsbury.com. The recipe calls for bacon as a topping on the macaroni and cheese, but I’m not a fan, so I left it out. It’s really a hybrid meal, because you still have to boil the noodles before putting everything in the crock pot, but it is nice to get things ready for dinner in the afternoon and then you avoid that 5:00 rush to get dinner going. We had ours with a crusty baguette and I would have gone with a salad as well, but the crisper was empty. Oops. 🙂
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
Author: Nicole Burkholder
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (1 pkg)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8oz (half of 16-oz loaf) Velveeta
- 2 tbs ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Spray 4-5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time. Place macaroni in slow cooker; immediately add butter and stir until melted.
- Add evaporated milk, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, the cubed cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; stir to blend well.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- Just look at that creamy deliciousness! I make this recipe for family gatherings on occasion, and it’s always gobbled up. Even with a large crowd, the recipe is enough to serve at least 20 as a side dish. You can add some protein and make it an entire meal if you prefer. A nice spicy Polish sausage goes really well with it.
If you like this crockpot macaroni and cheese, you might like: