About a year ago, I did a post about DIY makeup remover that costs just pennies to make and works as well as any brand of cleaner I’ve ever used. I have made that same “recipe” a couple times and I still love using it. Some homemade products make these claims of greatness but don’t quite follow through and deliver. But not this one! The other day, I saw a pin from Enjoy the View and she made cleaning pads with her makeup remover. I thought this was a great idea! I already had all the supplies I needed for making DIY makeup remover pads with my own ingredients and I finally put them together today.
DIY Makeup Remover Pads
What you’ll need
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp baby shampoo (no-tears solution)
- 1/8 tsp baby oil (or olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.)
- Round cotton pads
- Small canning jar with lid
What to do
- Mix water, shampoo and oil in a cup.
- Pour a little into the bottom of the jar.
- Place cotton swabs on top of cleaner and press down to make sure they get saturated.
- Repeat until jar is full of saturated makeup pads. I had 1/2 cup of remover liquid leftover, so I just stored it in a jar so it’s ready for next time.
I tied a little bow around the top of my jar since it will be on display in my bathroom. I just wish I had a Silhouette to make a cutesy little label for my jar! But that’s OK. My satisfaction will come from how much money I’m saving by using my own DIY makeup remover pads instead of a tiny package from the store!